- trust fund
- nouna fund held in trust
* * *I. noun2. : a property for which the holder or manager is held accountable as if he were a trusteeII. noun: a governmental fund consisting of moneys accepted for a specified purpose (as civil service retirement) that is administered as a trust separately from other funds and is expended only in furthering the specified purpose
* * *1. money, securities, property, etc., held in trust.2. a government fund administered separately from other funds and used for a specified purpose: a highway trust fund.[1860-65]
* * *trust fund nounA fund of money, etc, held in trust• • •Main Entry: ↑trust
* * *an amount of money invested and managed for someone, often a child, by another person or organization
* * *trust fund,money, property, or other valuables held in trust for the benefit of another.
* * *n. a fund consisting of assets belonging to a trust, held by the trustees for the beneficiaries
* * *noun, pl ⋯ funds [count]: money that belongs to one person but is legally held or managed by another person or by an organization
She paid for college out of a trust fund set up for her by her grandfather.
* * *ˈtrust fund [trust fund trust funds] nounmoney that is controlled for sb by an organization or a group of people
She set up a trust fund for her children.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.